If you are fond of desserts and just can’t do without it, add Brownies under your ‘All-seasons’ desserts’ list. Originate in the U.S.A. it’s a cross between the cakes and the cookies. There are many varieties of Brownies and therefore numerous ways to prepare it. But I am going to tell you the recipe for making the Brownie that’s preferred the most – the chocolate one!
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1 cup fine powdered sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– Handful of roasted cashew nuts or walnuts
Frosting – Chocolate spread (like Nutella) – 1 cup
– In a deep bowl whisk butter and sugar till its smooth
– Add eggs and whisk it manually one by one
– Now add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Fold it properly till the batter is smooth and no lumps are found
– Add the nuts
– Take a brownie baking dish and grease it
– Then dust flour to the greased dish. Remove the extra flour by turning the dish upside down. Pour in the batter and tap the dish to sit the batter equally.
– Now to a pre-heated oven, bake it at 170 degrees for 20-25 min. (Plus minus 10 min depending on your oven type)
– Remove it once done and allow it to cool for 5-10 min
– Take it out from the mould
– Meanwhile heat the chocolate spread for about 10-15 seconds in microwave and then with a spatula or knife spread it over the brownie.
– Cut it in any size or shape of your wish. Serve it with milk or coffee!