Tandoori Chicken – the name itself makes one start to crave for this mouth-watering delicacy. I believe that the list of Chicken dishes is just incomplete without this super awesome Tandoori dish. While there are many countries that have Tandoori Chicken as must-have in their Asian restaurants’ menu card, it’s a very popular dish mainly in India and Pakistan.
There are many ways to make it – some prefer it with more spice while some relish it with lesser spicy ingredients. I have tried to keep it just perfect in my attempt. Hope you all enjoy making and serving it to your loved ones. Keep me updated with your reviews!
– Chicken two pc of legs along with thighs
– Lemon juice 2-3 tsp
– Salt to taste
– Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tbsp
– Kashmiri chilli powder 2-3 tbsp
– Hung curd – 1/2 cup
– Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
– Mustard oil – 1-2 tbsp
– ‘Shaan’ tandoori chicken masala – 1 tbsp
– Butter for glaze
To the clean strained chicken add lemon juice, G&G paste, salt and kashmiri chilli powder 1 tbsp. Leave it for 30 mins.
Add to the chicken curd, turmeric, coriander, mustard oil, kashmiri mirch and tandoori masala leave it for about 6-8 hours or more. ( cover it with a gelatine wrap and leave it in fridge)
– Now to your grill place the chicken and cook in the preheated oven at 240 degrees for 20-25 min on both the sides or till the chicken is cooked
– After every 10 mins keep applying butter for shine and better taste
– When cooked put the oven on top grill mode and allow the chicken to barbecue burn to get the right colour and texture
– Remove it and serve it hot with a dash of more butter, sliced onions and sliced lemon
Feel the royalty while relishing this Mughlai cuisine!