Hello people! How have you been?
I know I have been away for a long time now but now I am back. I will keep sharing recipes as frequently as possible.
Today, I will share the recipe of making Rasgullas! For people not from India, Rasgulla is a very famous sweet from the Indian sub-continent – Bengal, which is cherished all across the world.
It is soft spongy dumplings of chena dipped in sugar syrup. There are many ways of preparing it but I have tried sharing a quick formula with simple ingredients for making this delicious sweet. The only bet is that the chena balls have to be moist and the sugar syrup should permeate well in it.
So let’s get started.
– 1-1.5 cup of water
– 1.5 cup of sugar
– 250 gms fresh cottage cheese
– 5-6 pieces of cardamom
And that’s it!
– Take soft fresh cottage cheese and make a smooth dough out of it
– From the dough, start preparing small & tight balls
– Mix sugar & water. Keep it to boil in a deep skillet.
– Now add the cottage cheese balls to it and boil it till it becomes fluffy
– Add powdered cardamom and allow it to cool
– Garnish with pistachios, almonds or any other topping of your choice to add your touch
– Serve it at room temperature