Come winters, and you open the trunk to get your hands on your warm clothes. Did you think that was the only way out to beat the chill? Here, at my spice trail let me share the recipe of an all-time favourite winter dish of India – Sarso Da Saag! All my Punjabi friends will definitely relate with what I am sharing here. Fill your hunger with this awesome tasting dish this season.
In the next post, I will tell you how to make Makke Di Roti (Corn Meal Bread); that is what you savour this dish with. Let’s roll, people.
– 1 cup of chopped mustard leaves
– 1 cup of chopped spinach leaves
– 1 cup of chopped methi leaves
– 1 ½ cup of chopped tomatoes
– 3 medium size chopped onions
– 3 tbsp of oil
– 3 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
– ½ tsp of cumin seeds
– 2-3pcs Green chillies
– 2tsp of coriander powder
– 2 tbsp of butter
– Salt to taste
– In a pan add oil and leave it to simmer. Now add chopped onion, ginger & garlic paste and cumin seeds cook until it turns to slight golden.
– Add tomatoes, coriander powder, salt and green chilies. Cook for 2-3 min, now add all the leaves to it and ½ cup of water.
– Cook it till the water is burnt and saag leaves oil.
– Serve it hot with a spoonful of melting butter over it.
– Have it along with Makke di Roti!