Like many in the world, I too have the sweet corn chicken soup on my all-time-favorites list. It’s the wish to have the soup that made me plan a visit to an Indo-Chinese restaurant every time. But, soon I stopped this practice. Don’t get me wrong here, I still swear by their preparation. It is just that I myself acquired the art of making this soup. A few experiments here and there and I finally hit the bull’s eye!
Trust me, it doesn’t take much of a time to get ready. It’s simple and interesting. If you are one of those who haven’t tried the soup ever, you must try this. You will love the delicate taste of corn amidst some tender chicken pieces. Here’s how.
– 8 pcs of chicken wings
– 2 teaspoon of minced ginger
– 2 teaspoon of minced garlic
– 1 small-sized tomato
– 1 onion
– ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
– ¼ teaspoon of grounded black pepper
– 1 can of sweet corn
– 1 egg
– 3 tablespoon of corn starch
– 1 ½ teaspoon of Soya sauce light
– Chopped green and red chilies dipped in vinegar
– 3 tablespoon of cream
– Chopped spring onion for garnishing
– Salt to taste
– In a pressure cooker add chicken wings, 1 tsp of ginger, 1 tsp of garlic, 1 tomato chopped into 4 pcs, 1 onion, 1/4th tsp black pepper, salt to taste and then add about 5 cups of water.
– Lock the cooker and wait for about 3 whistles.
– When done just strain the stock into a pot and take the chicken and shred it.
– Now boil the stock, meanwhile coarsely blend about ¼ can of corn in a mixer and now add the same along with full corns into the boiling stock.
– Add shredded chicken, Soya sauce, cream, ½ tsp vinegar and chilies as per your taste.
– Whip an egg and with the use of a strainer pour the egg into the boiling pot.
– Keep mixing to get thin white strands of egg and so that the egg doesn’t form lumps.
– Take corn starch and nicely dissolve it in cold water. Now add the same in the soup and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
– Leave it to boil for few minutes.
– Remove the soup in a serving bowl and serve it HOT!