Italy – the country is famous for fashion and food alike across the globe. The name itself is enough to strike a chord with anyone who follows fashion and loves food. But, since we are on ‘my spice trail’, let’s talk about FOOD!
Apart from Frittata, Pasta is yet another Italian preparation that has found its place in almost every food lover’s kitchen. Good taste, different varieties and lesser price are the key factors that have fueled its popularity. From hearty lasagna to delicate pasta salad, the recipe possibilities are endless. Its different shapes with names like spaghetti, macaroni, lasagna etc. makes cooking even more interesting.
Pastas are both dry and saucy. My favorite is the white creamy sauce pasta. I just love the richness of cheese & cream in it. Not to mention, it’s certainly not for people on diet as its ingredients focus only on good taste and result in high calories.
OK people, I know it’s about time that the recipe gets discussed so you can quickly try your hand at some real lip-smacking pasta. Let’s roll our sleeves and get into action!
– 4 tbsp butter
– 3- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
– 2 cups of boiled pasta
– 1 cup cheese
– ½ cup fresh cream
– Shredded chicken (boiled in ginger – garlic paste & salt)
– 2 ½ cup milk
– 1 tbsp corn starch (dissolved in 3 tbsp milk)
– Salt to taste
– ¼ tsp Black pepper (ground)
– ¼ tsp of dried oregano, thyme & sage
– Freshly chopped parsley
– Grated mozzarella
– Take a saucepan and add butter to it. Add garlic and sauté it till slight golden. Leave the stove on medium flame.
– Add milk and corn starch. Keep stirring.
– With the help of a spatula mix fresh cream and cheese in the milk.
– Time to add the spices; oregano, thyme, black pepper and salt.
– Give a final boil with addition of boiled pasta and chicken to it. If the sauce seems to be thick then add some more milk and give it a boil.
– In a dish serve the pasta with some grated cheese and parsley.
– Leave it for 3 mins in microwave so the cheese melts.
– Enjoy this exotic cheesy treat!