It is a soft, fluffy & creamy dessert with a crunchy biscuit base. Being a sweet delicacy, it tastes best when served with a topping of fruits, whipped cream, sauces, chocolate etc. It is believed that cheesecakes were discovered in Greece, where it was loved & cherished by Greeks & Romans alike in the ancient era. As time passed, this creamy dessert spread beyond boundaries and soon conquered the heart of millions across the world.
We can classify Cheesecakes in two categories: baked and unbaked, but the texture almost remains the same. It is either prepared with cream cheese or ricotta cheese and at times with pasteurized cream cheese too.
Today, I will teach you how to make this tricky but yummy dessert in a very simple way. It is easy to prepare and the ingredients that I am using should be easily accessible to all. Let us roll our sleeves and prepare this Greek dessert in my way!
– 250 ml fresh cream
– 250 gm hung curd
– 300 gm fresh soft cottage cheese (mash it nicely)
– 4½ tbsp sugars (powdered in a blender)
– 1¾ tbsp gelatin
– 3 tbsp orange marmalade
– 2 packets of sweet digestive biscuit
– Unsalted butter and honey to bind the crust
– 1 lemon
– ½-cup roasted walnuts
– 1 orange
– Take a bowl and crush the biscuits to turn it into fine crumbs. Now to this add enough honey and butter so that the biscuit crumbs can bind it to form a strong crust.
– Take a cake dish or any serving bowl and add the crumbs to prepare a thick base. Press it with a fork to form a strong crust. Now refrigerate it for 1 hour.
– In a deep bowl take hung curd, orange marmalade, sugar (as per your taste) and cottage cheese blend it finely.
– Take about 2 ½ tbsp of lukewarm water dissolve gelatin into it and now pour it into the bowl.
– Whip the fresh cream until it turns a bit fluffy now fold the same with the help of a spatula into the mixture.
– When you find it to be a fluffy and thick batter, add some roasted walnuts to it.
– Remove the crust from the fridge and add this creamy cheese mixture over it. Tap the dish so that it is all set.
– Now grate lemon skin and sprinkle a little over it. Garnish with some walnuts.
– Freeze it for about 3 to 4 hours, until its set.
– Remove it from fridge and serve it chilled with some skin peeled orange slices.
I bet your loved ones will always praise you for serving this delicacy to them!