Thanks to the infiltration of various international food channels and the world of internet, Italian Cuisine has now started making a hit with Indians beyond Pizzas.
Right from spaghettis to pastas and frittatas, Italian Cuisine has not only found a place in Indian restaurants serving authentic Italian food, but also in the supermarkets in raw form and then straight off to the kitchen where the Indian homemakers take pride in serving it to their loved ones.
My love to explore cooking techniques of different cultures and sudden upswing of Italian Cuisine in India triggered the idea to try my hands at something Italian. Here’s sharing the recipe of Frittata, my favourite Italian food. Hope you will like it too.
Frittata is an egg-based dish like an Omelette. While the base is egg, we can enrich it with ingredients like oregano, chicken/meat, cheese and other herbs for flavor. Serve hot or cold, it would just taste awesome. Give your taste buds an Italian treat. Buon Appetito!
– 6 Eggs
– Salt and Pepper, to taste
– 1 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
– 1/4 teaspoon Dried Sage
– 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
– 3 tablespoon Butter
– 1 teaspoon Ginger & Garlic paste
– 1/2 cup of fresh chopped Butter Mushrooms
– 1/2 cup diced Bell Peppers (green & red)
– 1/2 cup diced Onions
– 1/2 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
– 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, finely chopped
– 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
– 1/2 cup boneless Chicken, boiled & shredded (Boiled with salt and ginger & garlic paste)-
– ¼ teaspoon of Chili Flakes
– Add butter to a medium-sized non-stick skillet on simmer. Now add ginger & garlic paste. Add onions and sauté it until it leaves moisture.
– Add bell peppers, and cook for 2 mins. Then add mushrooms and chicken.
– Put the stove on medium flame; now add dried sage, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt & pepper. Toss it nicely.
– Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 mins, to this add tomato ketchup and leave it to simmer.
– In a bowl whisk all the eggs and add some salt & pepper to taste.
– Now pour these whisked eggs into the skillet evenly add basil leaves, cover it and leave it till the egg cooks for about 12-15 mins.
– Use a fork to check if it is done. Now using a knife carefully set the ends of the Frittata free, take a plate, carefully flip the Frittata, and then re-place it in the skillet to cook the other side also.
– At this stage add lots of cheese and sprinkle some more basil leaves and cover it again leave it for about 10-12 mins.
– Cut the Frittata into 4 or 8 pcs and serve it hot with sprinkle of red chili flakes over it.